Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting Away

I'm sitting here watching cartoons with my kid, and counting down the minutes to Friday. I'm taking a short weekend away to go see some friends in my hometown, and get some ink. The time between now and when I get onto the freeway couldn't go fast enough.

Tattooing is incredibly healing for me. The pain is a release of stress and emotion, and I'm so lucky to have an artist who understands that and creates a safe environment for those feelings to flow. I need it so much right now.

My submission seems to be finding the rails again, slowly but surely. Now that I have my rules and protocol documents where I can read them daily, I feel like I have more direction. More than that, I don't feel like self care is taking away from my submission but rather adding to it. I am to take good care of Sir's prized possession.

On that self care list is periodic time away. This weekend will refresh me, and help center me. I can not wait!

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read this. :) You are doing so wonderful, and corny (gessh, I am being corny a lot this week, lol!) but, I'm proud of you!

    I am the same way with ink - my collection keeps growing and growing. lol. I hope you'll share pics of whatever you are getting done! Have a wonderful, wonderful weekend!! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you Amber. Nothing wrong with being corny, I often am. I will make sure to post pics of the new ink, I'm so excited to see what my artist has come up with. I gave him a couple of pics for inspiration but asked to make it his own. So tattoo #21 here I come! (Tomorrow)

      xoxo

      Delete
    2. I just posted a picture. I am so in love with my 21st tattoo!

      Delete
  2. Time to yourself is always important. I try at least twice a year go away fir a few days, plus the odd night here and there when I go to a good girlfriend's, who lives over an hour. We usually drink and hang out, so I crash on her sofa.

    I would love ink, but I'm a big chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go away for the weekend at least every 3 months. We have a special needs son, so I make sure to take "mommy" breaks often to recharge. I always come home ready to face whatever challenges come up.
      I usually get so e type of tattoo work done (my artist is my best friend's husband) then we all go out for drinks and dinner. They are also a kinky couple, so it's nice to be able to connect with them on that level too.
      I'm a true introvert, so these weekends away where I spend hours and hours alone in my hotel are extremely recharging. If I wasn't allowed to take them, I would not be able to handle my life very well. :)

      Delete