Friday, December 5, 2014

Oops

Well, I think today I was taught a big lesson in self care. I can not out everything before taking care of myself. I saw my neuro-ophthalmologist today and the appt wasn't so good. I last saw him in September to ask for my mess to be reduced since they had given me kidney stones, so that's what we did. Within a few days I was in pain, but just figured it was my body adjusting to the lower dose, so I just dealt with it. Now, 3 months later, my intracranial pressure is back up, and I've lost a lot more sight in my left eye. All of that coupled with level 6-7 head pain all except maybe 10 days in the last 3 months has made me pretty miserable.
I got scolded by both the doctor and my dear friend who went to the appt with me about waiting so long to tell him that my symptoms are back and bad. I'm expecting Sir will also have some stern words for me. I have learned my lesson, I swear. I can't be the best sub, the best mom, or friend unless I keep myself as healthy as possible. Putting off calling my doc when things are bad is NOT the way to do that.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Take god care of your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw hon. :( We all go through it at times, and we all learn. :/ You're realizing now, and that's what is important. I hope you find some relief soon. :/ *gentle hugs* xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy typos batman! Pain makes my fingers bad at typing apparently. Sorry about that.

    Thanks for your support Jackie and Amber. <3

    ReplyDelete