Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014

I've got to be honest here, 2014 sucked. It sucked huge donkey dicks, and I am almost giddy that in 8 short hours it will be over. I'm not one for making New Years resolutions, but there are some things I'd really like to improve on for the coming year.

  • I'd like to be more proactive about my health. Not just keeping better tabs on my chronic illnesses, but also eating healthier and moving my body more. Not to lose weight, or look better, but because I need to start being more kind to my body, it's the only one I have.
  • I'd like to declutter my home. There is not a flat surface in my house that isn't covered in stuff. We live in a relatively large home, there is no excuse why two adults and an 8yo have so much shit that our home is busting at the seams.
  • I'd like to deepen my submission. To better follow Sir's lead, and to reconnect to our dynamic. The workshop I've been waiting for finally opened registration again, and starts at the end of January. I am so excited to use what I learn there to better serve Sir and to feel more connected to my submission.
  • I want to be a better and more proactive advocate and parent to my son. I have spent this past year in reactive mode, and that has to change. I'm watching for a couple of "Wright's Law" workshops to come back to my area so I can learn more about what my son's rights are in the school system and how to best advocate for him without falling back on emotion.
They are lofty goals, and they are vague for a reason. I don't want to add concrete steps in these goals because I feel that any progress I make toward each of them leaves me in a better place than I am today. And isn't that what resolutions are all about?

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best for your resolutions. I can relate to decluttering and being more proactive as a parent.
    You've a whole year to make them work, I think people think a resolution has to be fixed in one week.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on following your resolutions, including deepening your submission. And you have to hope he helps you do that by making you feel more controlled as he brings out more of your submissive side.

    FD

    ReplyDelete