Saturday, September 20, 2014

Quick rant...

So I'm taking this class on the science and psychology of violence, and frankly it's passing me off. In the discussion forums for the class there are several threads on BDSM. In those discussions people are letting their ignorance flags fly! In one in particular there is an s-type who asks a question about consent and how if consent is given then there is no victim. I agree with this person obviously, but the incredible ignorance from the responders has me wanting to do some actual violence.
Talk about victim blaming, even though there is not victim... They just keep going on and on about how could he/she let someone do that to her? Was she abused and is that why she lets herself/himself (everyone assumes it is a woman who posted even though it was never said) be a victim... Blah blah blah.
I've decided to stay off the forums and just do the lectures, and reading then I'll drop the class.

2 comments:

  1. Ug, some people, huh? I would get rather ticked off reading things like this also! I always tell Sir that we need to hang a sign on our door saying .. it's consensual, don't call 911! lol.

    But yeah, some people are just jerks who don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been back on the course discussion boards except long enough to see that the discussion was locked, but without response from the instructor. So she (the instructor) lost all credibility with me and I'm dropping the course.
    I guess you can't fix stupid.

    ReplyDelete